Topping the list of top reasons for recalls are problems in the electrical system (10 cases), followed by failures in the fuel system (nine cases) and airbag and brake systems (six cases each), a review of the Papa Recall app shows.
According to a survey conducted by the Papa Recall app, the number of car recall campaigns in Brazil in the first half of the year increased by 31.2% compared to the same period in 2020 .
There were 48 requests for 101 car models from 24 carmakers. The number of models involved is also 25% higher than that seen in the first half of last year .
Topping the list of top reasons are recalls for problems with the electrical system (10 cases), followed by failures in the fuel system (9), airbags and brake system (6 cases each).
The automotive sector accounts for more than 70% of recalls in Brazil . By urging owners of cars sold in the country to make certain repairs, the car manufacturer intends to recall the vehicle as soon as possible or repair an identified defect that could create an irrational safety risk or failure to meet minimum safety standards. So avoid accidents, personal injury and/or financial loss.
Mercedes , responsible for Benz and Volvo , the car manufacturer was more like, 4 calls each brand. Next come Audi, BMW and Mitsubishi , 3 recalls each. There were two calls involving Caoa Chery, Citroën, Fiat, Ford, Dodge, Hyundai CAOA, Jeep, Land Rover, Porsche, Subaru, Renault and Volkswagen. Chevrolet, Chrysler, Honda, Lexus, Kia, Suzuki and Toyota are recalled .
Manufacturers Hyundai HMB, Jaguar, Mini, Nissan, Peugeot and Ram had no recall campaigns in the first half of the year.
Not sure if your car has been recalled this year? See List below.
- Volvo XC90 (2010-2020) – Checking SRS module mounting
- Citroën C3, C3 Picasso and Aircross (2010 to 2014) – airbag system
- Hyundai CAOA Elantra, i30 and Santa Fé (2005-2010) – Audi PCB Relay Kit replacement
- Q3 (2020) – brake system
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (from 2010 to 2013) – fuel pump relay
- Dodge Durango (2011 to 2013) – Fuel Pump Relay
- Land Rover Discovery (2018-2020) – Ground Prisoner Battery
- BMW Z4 sDrive30i M Sport (2020) – Ford Fusion and Edge (2006 to 2011) – Airbag system
- Ford Territory (2019 and 2020) – Catalytic converter recall to be tracked in March 2021
- Mercedes AMG GLC 63 4MATIC + and AMG GLC 63 S 4MATIC + Coupé (2018-2020) – starter power system
- CAOA Chery Arizzo 5, Tiggo 5 and Tiggo 7 (2019) – exchange of rocker arms or engine head
- Mitsubishi Outlander (2019) – Seatbelt
- Mitsubishi I-MIEV (2010-2012) – Brake system
- Fiat Uno, Palio, Grand Siena, Doblò, Doblò Cargo and Fiorino (2012 to 2014) – Airbag system
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (2013-2015) – crankshaft sensor
- Dodge Nitro and Grand Caravan (2006-2008) – steering wheel emblem (second stage)
- Chysler Town & Country (2007-2010) – steering wheel emblem (second phase) Renault Duster with manual transmission (2020) – air conditioning pipe
- Renault Sandero, Logan, Duster and Duster Oroch (2020) – ignition cylinder
- Mercedes C 200 Avantgarde (2014-2016) – alternator diodes VW Amarok (2016-2020) – installation of additional spare wheel mounting
- BMW 745Le M Sport, M760Li xDrive, M8 Competition and X6 xDrive40i M Sport (2020) – brake system
- Mercedes AMG GT 43 Coupé 4-door (2019 and 2020) – Chevrolet Tracker hub (2019-2020) – Carpet sound insulation
- Lexus NX300, RX350 and ES300h (2017-2019) – Fuel system Toyota Camry (2019) – Fuel system
- Honda Civic Touring, HR-V Touring, Accord and CR-V (2018 to 2019) – Fuel system Audi A6, A7, RS6 and RS7 (2019 to 2020) – Dashboard
- Kia Carnival (2012-2014) – fuel system
- Porsche Taycan, 911 and 718 (2020 and 2021) – threaded connections
- Subaru XV and Forester (2017-2019) – torque stabiliser support bolts
- Volvo XC90 Excellence (2016 to 2019) – software upgrade
- Land Rover Discovery (2020 and 2021) – torque adjustment
- Suzuki Jimny Sierra (2020) – Windscreen and tailgate glass
- Mercedes C-Class, E-Class and CLS (2005 to 2006) – Sliding sunroof glass
- Hyundai CAOA New Tucson 1.6 Turbo GDI (2016-2021) – Danger of short circuit
- Audi Q3 (2021) – seatbelt
- Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-hybrid (2020) – suspension arm locknuts
- Subaru Forester and XV (2017-2019) – ignition coil
- VW Gol, Fox, Saveiro and Voyage (2021) – engine pulley
- Volvo S60, V60, S90, XC60 and XC90 (2018 to 2019) – fuse replacement
- Volvo V40, V40 CC, S60, V60, XC60 and XC90 (2012-2016) – fuel system
- CAOA Chery Tiggo 2 (2017-2019) – engine stop capability
- BMW 323Ci, 323i and 328i (from 1998 to 2000) – airbag (optional)
- Fiat Argo, Grand Siena, Nova Strada and Mobi (from 2020 to 2021) – door limiters
- Mitsubishi ASX and Outlander (2016-2017) – brake system
- Citroën C3 Picasso and Aircross (2010 to 2011) – airbag system